Monday, August 10, 2009

Auckland in winter ...


It’s been a busy few months for Once Were Radicals (OWR). There was a busy New Zealand tour in late June which went well. We had some 4 media appearances in 2 days in Auckland.

Among them was a lengthy recording with Bharat Jamnadas from the TVNZ show Asia Downunder. The recording took place at a Dymocks store in Newmarket, a rather trendy part of Auckland. The product was broadcast on August 2 2009.







Then there was an equally enjoyable live interview on the New Zealand Sunrise program on TV3. You can view that interview here.



I also got a chance to visit the studios of 95b FM and chat with Paul Deady about the book. The interview can be heard (and downloaded if you love the sound of my voice) in two parts here and here.

There was one more interview with Radio Live - The Asian Radio Show which is hosted by Tarun Mohanbhai produced by Dr Sapna Samant of Holy Vow Media.

Auckland CBD is a gorgeous place, very much like Melbourne but without the trams. Sadly I didn’t take any photos. I guess you'll have to make do with some gorgeous photos taken during a previous trip to South Island, taken by one of my travel companions Sajjad Ali.





As son as I returned from Kiwistan, I was bedridden for around 10 days with plenty of painful coughing. At first I thought it could be swineflu, but my doctor assured me it wasn't. I guess I'll have to call it kiwiflu.

No comments: